I’ve seen variations of this recipe popping up online a lot recently. Here’s my version. And yes, they really are super-simple. Note that these are American-style pancakes, that is the small, fluffy ones. Not ‘real’ pancakes, aka crepes. Mmm. Crepes! But these are delish too. And, if you care about these things, gluten-free and lactose free. I recommend them with blueberry sauce and Greek yogurt. But you go for your favourite topping.
(makes 12 small or 8 medium pancakes – perfect for two greedy people!)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 45 g | 0.5 cup oats
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well with a hand blender. Make sure its all nice and smooth. It should be the consistency of thick pancake batter. Let it sit for at least ten minutes before you start making your pancakes (go make a cup of tea or start your blueberry sauce for topping)
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat. You can dry-fry these pancakes if your pan is non-stick or add a little oil or butter. Pour a few tablespoons/0.25 cup of batter for each pancake. Allow to brown then flip and brown the other side. Stack the pancakes on your plate. Repeat until you’ve used up the batter.
- Top with your favourite topping and serve immediately. Note that this batter does not keep well and is best used on the day you make it.
(Photo from Pixabay.com – I’m definitely not a good photograper! Thanks Pixabay 🙂 )